John P. Maley Award Nominations
Please note that this is a Academy of Physical Therapy Research Award; not to be confused with APTA’s Maley Award.
Criteria for Selection
- Outstanding contributions to leadership in research over a sustained period of time
- Results of the leadership must be documented
- Individual must show evidence of sustained contact and interest in research in physical therapy
- Nomination may be by any member of the Academy of Physical Therapy Research.
- A letter of nomination for the candidate, a current curriculum vitae, and names of three other persons to be solicited for support letters are to be submitted. These persons shall be able to make judgments about the nominees contribution as a leader in physical therapy research
- Nominations should be submitted to the Awards Committee of the APTR.
- The Awards Committee reviews the materials and makes a recommendation to the APTR Executive Committee.
- The decision of the Executive Committee will be final and the reasons for the decision will not be disclosed. In the case where members of the Awards Committee or the Executive Committee are closely associated with the nominee, those so associated will voluntarily abstain from participating in the review and selection process.
- A maximum of one award will be given at each Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA.
- Nominees may have the materials resubmitted in the following year for reconsideration. New materials must be submitted for any subsequent nomination.
Nominations must include:
• CV of the candidate
• Preliminary letter of support from the nominator (electronic submissions only)
• Names of others that will provide support letters (if appropriate)