Website Elon University
Elon University – Department of Physical Therapy Education (DPTE), School of Health Sciences In Partnership with Cone Health announces the availability of a full-time Director of Clinical Education (DCE) position available on or before January 2020
We invite applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position at the Associate or Assistant professor level. The department of 14 full-time and 4 part-time highly qualified, dynamic faculty is recruiting an individual with demonstrated clinical and teaching experience in physical therapy clinical education. The primary responsibility for the DCE is to manage students’ clinical education, an essential part of our entry-level DPT education program. This involves:
- Creating relationships with external stakeholders to secure clinical rotations
- Executing transparent and equitable processes to place students in clinical rotations
- Educating and monitoring students during a series of 4 clinical rotations and maintaining contact with clinical instructors
- Managing student concerns during clinical rotations including remediation and termination as necessary
- Serving as a leader within the DPTE, School of Health Sciences, and for the clinical education team
The Clinical Education team at Elon consists of a full-time DCE, a half-time Clinical Education Coordinator, and a full-time program assistant. Additional responsibilities of the DCE include scholarly activity, school and university service, and an opportunity to teach within the didactic curriculum.
The successful candidate will have:
- A terminal degree (post-professional doctorate, or DPT with evidence of other professional qualifications (e.g. ABPTS or other specialty certification, or additional degree))
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical practice
- Eligibility for licensure as a physical therapist in North Carolina
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical education (SCCE, CI, DCE, or ADCE) OR a minimum of 1 year of clinical education experience with an additional 2 years of teaching
- Completion or commitment to completion of the APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 1
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and counseling skills
- A commitment to innovation, excellence, and engaged learning
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Prior experience as a DCE/ADCE or SCCE
- Prior teaching experience in an academic program and/or administrative experience in clinical practice
- Record of scholarship
- Completion of the APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level 2
About the Department: The department is located in the LEED-certified Gerald L. Francis Center within the School of Health Sciences. The DPTE occupies approximately 32,000 square feet with state-of-the-art equipment for teaching and research. The DPTE supports a student managed, pro-bono physical therapy clinic, Health Outreach Program of Elon (H.O.P.E. clinic). The DPTE and the School of Health Sciences enjoy a strong collaborative partnership with Cone Health-Alamance Regional Medical Center. Please visit our website at www.elon.edu/dpt for additional information.
Elon is a dynamic, private institution that is a national model for actively engaging faculty and students in teaching and learning. Elon is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants.
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience.
To Apply: Application deadline is October 1, 2019. Applications will be considered as they are received. We strongly encourage early application. Application (letter of intent including statements of clinical education, teaching, and research interests; curriculum vitae; and name and contact information of three references) should be directed electronically to:
Melissa H. Scales, PT, DPT, PCS
Search Committee Chair, DPTE
Elon, NC 27244
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org